Are you our next great employee?
The difference between Wild Birds Unlimited and other retailers goes far beyond what we sell. It's who we are. Enthusiasm, professionalism, informed advice and superior customer service are the hallmarks of our staff.
We are seeking a Sales Floor Leader (roughly 30 hrs/week) for our South Asheville location. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of driving retail sales and exceptional customer service/interpersonal skills. Working at your locally owned Wild Birds Unlimited store is an opportunity to support and educate our friendly customers about birds and nature.
Our Sales Floor Leader will work with our staff, reporting to the Store Manager, to drive revenue and bring to life the store’s mission – “We Bring People and Nature Together®…And We Do It With Excellence!” To that end, we provide training with regard to backyard bird feeding, bird watching and product knowledge.
- A passion for people and an outgoing, upbeat attitude!
- A minimum of 2 years of backyard bird feeding and/or birding experience preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 2 years of retail sales experience required.
- Ability to lift (20 pound bags) and carry seed for our customers – a foundation of our service!
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work Saturdays and/or Sundays is required.
- Comfortable with a feline friend in the store at all times- we foster cats from the Asheville Humane Society!
- Our goal is to provide quality products, service, expertise and a high energy shopping experience.
- We help customers bring JOY into their own backyards and lives.
- For additional info, questions or to apply, contact our Store Manager, Casey, at [email protected]
- You may also stop by the store and pick up an application.
- Come join our flock!